- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Report: Chicago Bulls Trying to Poach Goran Dragic and Derrick Jones Jr. From Miami Heat
- Updated: April 3, 2020
Regardless of whether the rest of the 2019-20 NBA season ever resumes, the Miami Heat will have some decisions to make regarding a couple of free agents.
According to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, the Bulls are now searching for a new executive who would have full authority on basketball decisions.
Team owner Jerry Reinsdorf is not only looking to emulate the front office structure of the Heat, but he apparently has his eye on a couple of their players as well.
“The Bulls have been putting both point guard Goran Dragic and small forward Derrick Jones Jr. under the microscope the last month, and are hoping the new hire — or hires — will be aggressive on the trade front to move a tight cap corner that they have painted themselves into,” wrote Cowley.
Dragic, 33, is having a strong season for Miami, averaging 16.1 points and 5.1 assists per game.
Jones Jr., 23, is one of a cadre of promising young players that had catapulted the Heat to a 41-24 record before the season was suspended.
Complicating matters for the Heat is that they’re looking to make a big splash in free agency in the summer of 2021.