- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Chicago Bulls Trying to Poach Goran Dragic and Derrick Jones Jr. From Miami Heat
- Updated: April 3, 2020
Regardless of whether the rest of the 2019-20 NBA season ever resumes, the Miami Heat will have some decisions to make regarding a couple of free agents.
According to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, the Bulls are now searching for a new executive who would have full authority on basketball decisions.
Team owner Jerry Reinsdorf is not only looking to emulate the front office structure of the Heat, but he apparently has his eye on a couple of their players as well.
“The Bulls have been putting both point guard Goran Dragic and small forward Derrick Jones Jr. under the microscope the last month, and are hoping the new hire — or hires — will be aggressive on the trade front to move a tight cap corner that they have painted themselves into,” wrote Cowley.
Dragic, 33, is having a strong season for Miami, averaging 16.1 points and 5.1 assists per game.
Jones Jr., 23, is one of a cadre of promising young players that had catapulted the Heat to a 41-24 record before the season was suspended.
Complicating matters for the Heat is that they’re looking to make a big splash in free agency in the summer of 2021.