- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
Here’s What the Minnesota Timberwolves Are Asking for in Exchange for Jimmy Butler
- Updated: September 26, 2018
Miami Heat fans everywhere woke up to exciting news on Wednesday morning when it was reported that disgruntled Minnesota Timberwolves star Jimmy Butler had pegged the Heat as his ideal trade destination.
It was always assumed that the Wolves would need to receive quite the offer to part ways with the All-Star forward, and it is now clear just how much the Heat will have to give up to welcome Butler to South Florida.
According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Wolves are looking for far more than just a few role players:
“The Wolves reportedly are asking for stars, draft picks and starters for Butler. The Heat lacks the first but could offer its first-round pick in 2019 or 2020 and also could dangle multiple starters.”
Jackson offered which current member of the Heat roster could help them take advantage of this incredible opportunity to bring a bonafide star to Miami:
“Though the preference is to keep (Josh) Richardson, Bam Adebayo, Kelly Olynyk and Justise Winslow, the Heat likely would need to relinquish at least one of those in a deal, unless Goran Dragic were surprisingly included.”
It seems that any trade that would bring Butler to Miami would include not one, but several significant pieces of its current rotation. While that would be a tough pill to swallow, it is hard to argue against trying to bring a player of Butler’s caliber to Miami.
The season is just around the corner, and as the Wolves and teams across the league look to finalize their rosters, the Butler sweepstakes could get really interesting really fast. Only time will tell if the Heat will prove to be the victors.