- Zaire Wade sends angry message to Sierra Canyon after watching documentary: ‘You woke up a killa’
- Miami Heat news: Bam Adebayo signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand
- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
Miami Heat Rumors: Front Office Believes Trading Hassan Whiteside Is Best for Franchise
- Updated: February 14, 2016
The Hassan Whiteside rumors don’t seem to be coming to an end anytime soon.
According to Ira Winderman of The Sun Sentinel (subscription required), there is a feeling among the Miami Heat front office that trading Whiteside might be the best move for the franchise. Whiteside is not only a free agent this summer, but has been derided in the past for his immaturity.
The team is looking for a three-point shooter in return with names such as Omri Casspi, Steve Novak, Wayne Ellington and Anthony Morrow available on the trade market.
Winderman also proposes a possible trade involving the Memphis Grizzlies. With Marc Gasol out indefinitely, the Grizzlies might have interest in Whiteside. By including both Whiteside and Chris Andersen in a deal, the Heat could receive both Courtney Lee and Jeff Green, provided they include more salary in the trade.
As is the case at this time of the season every year, there will continue to be a number of trade rumors thrown out there involving the Heat and Whiteside.
While most of these trade rumors won’t actually become a reality, one thing is becoming certain—barring a miracle, Whiteside won’t be in a Heat uniform past this season.