- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Udonis Haslem balks at thought of Kevin Garnett being as ‘tough’ as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Udonis Haslem issues strong statement on Miami Heat trying to avoid ‘silly’ play-in tournament
- Jimmy Butler calls reporter ‘sorry a-s’ for asking if Miami Heat are worried about tough remainder of schedule
- Jimmy Butler admits he’s ‘praying and hoping’ that Miami Heat are going to play their best basketball at right time
- Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Jimmy Butler gets game ball for making NBA history after Miami Heat beat Charlotte Hornets
Miami Heat Rumors: Front Office Believes Trading Hassan Whiteside Is Best for Franchise
- Updated: February 14, 2016
The Hassan Whiteside rumors don’t seem to be coming to an end anytime soon.
According to Ira Winderman of The Sun Sentinel (subscription required), there is a feeling among the Miami Heat front office that trading Whiteside might be the best move for the franchise. Whiteside is not only a free agent this summer, but has been derided in the past for his immaturity.
The team is looking for a three-point shooter in return with names such as Omri Casspi, Steve Novak, Wayne Ellington and Anthony Morrow available on the trade market.
Winderman also proposes a possible trade involving the Memphis Grizzlies. With Marc Gasol out indefinitely, the Grizzlies might have interest in Whiteside. By including both Whiteside and Chris Andersen in a deal, the Heat could receive both Courtney Lee and Jeff Green, provided they include more salary in the trade.
As is the case at this time of the season every year, there will continue to be a number of trade rumors thrown out there involving the Heat and Whiteside.
While most of these trade rumors won’t actually become a reality, one thing is becoming certain—barring a miracle, Whiteside won’t be in a Heat uniform past this season.