- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Miami Heat: Top 5 Most Impressive Players During The Preseason
- Updated: October 28, 2014
The Miami Heat didn’t exactly start the preseason with a bang.
Despite two of their first four preseason games heading into overtime, the Heat started out 0-4. Luckily for Miami, they were able to finish out the exhibition schedule by winning their last four games, including wins over playoff teams in all four contests.
Though the Heat did end their preseason slate with a .500 record, it’s not the wins and losses that are important during this time of the year–it’s the play and development of the young players and newcomers to the roster. For the Heat, it was their most important preseason since 2010 when the ‘Big Three’ formed for the first time.
Fast forward to present-day, and the team is in a ‘reconstruction’ mode. While the franchise is still a heavy contender in the Eastern Conference, they will have to adjust to life without the four-time MVP, LeBron James. Not only did James leave, but so did key players such as Ray Allen, James Jones, Michael Beasley, Shane Battier and Rashard Lewis.
For the first time since before the ‘Big Three’ came together, Miami will lean heavily upon its young faces in order for the team to remain contenders in the East.
Of the 15 players on the Heat’s active roster, here are the five players who impressed most during the preseason starting with number five. (Continue on next page!)