- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Report: Tyler Herro and Bam Adebayo ‘Untouchable’ in Any Potential Trade Package
- Updated: October 15, 2019
The Miami Heat have been focused on acquiring talent through trades, largely because of their current salary-cap woes.
Sean Deveney of Heavy.com noted how even before Herro’s scoring outburst on Monday night, the rookie and third-year man Adebayo were non-starters in any discussions about a possible deal.
“They’ve been firm on him and Adebayo being untouchable,” one GM told Heavy.com before Herro’s explosive night.
That big evening against Atlanta began with Herro connecting for the Heat’s first 14 points and saw him score 23 points by the time the contest had ended. Herro was 5-for-7 on 3-pointers and 9-for-14 overall.
While Herro has yet to play in a regular season NBA game, Adebayo has put in two years for the Heat and officially enters this season as the team’s starting center. He took over that starting role during the last six weeks of last season, with Hassan Whiteside subsequently being dealt to Portland.
The two players’ youth is one of the chief reasons that the Heat are seeking to hold onto the duo. Herro is only 19 years old, but has already made himself stand out in a variety of ways. From his confidence, his work ethic, and most notably, his shooting ability, Herro could be a steal as the 13th overall pick in last June’s draft.
Adebayo is only 22 years old, but in his two seasons has averaged 8.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. Those numbers are expected to move upward now that he’ll be a regular presence in the Heat’s starting lineup.
Both players already shared the bond of having played collegiately at the University of Kentucky. Their current untouchable statuses now puts them in inviting positions for the future.