- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat rumors: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt into player option by Thursday deadline
- Updated: November 15, 2020
Olynyk has a $13.6 million option for next season. He has until Thursday to decide whether or not he will opt in to remain with the Heat.
Kelly Olynyk's option deadline is 5pm Thursday, for Heat fans who may be wondering.
He is expected to opt-in, but technically has until Thursday to decide.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) November 15, 2020
Olynyk’s decision to opt in could certainly affect Miami’s plans this offseason in free agency.
Miami certainly could trade Olynyk, but it may be hard given his high cap number.
Olynyk’s decision could make it hard for the Heat to bring back center Meyers Leonard next season.
Last year, Olynyk appeared in 67 games for the Heat during the regular season and started nine.
He finished the year averaging 8.2 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game.