- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Report: Juwan Howard ‘Impressed’ Lakers Brass During Head Coaching Interview
- Updated: April 29, 2019
Howard met with Lakers officials on Tuesday. Los Angeles is intrigued with Howard in part because of his good relationship with LeBron James.
According to a report from Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times, Howard made a strong impression with Lakers brass.
“Miami assistant coach Juwan Howard also impressed the Lakers during his interview Tuesday at the practice facility in El Segundo, according to people with knowledge of the talks,” Turner wrote. “Howard was a teammate of James with the Miami Heat for two-plus seasons and was an assistant coach when James played for the Heat.”
Howard played parts of three seasons with the Heat, including James’ first year in 2010-11. He won a title alongside James in 2011-12.
In 2012-13, Howard began to transition into coaching. He was a part of Miami’s roster for much of the season, but only appeared in seven games, and zero playoff games.
He took on the part of a coach, even though he was technically still a player. At the conclusion of the season, Howard officially retired and became an assistant coach with the Heat.
Howard has held that position ever since.
The Lakers are looking to find a new coach after mutually agreeing to part ways with Luke Walton at the end of the season.