- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
Report: Juwan Howard ‘Impressed’ Lakers Brass During Head Coaching Interview
- Updated: April 29, 2019
Howard met with Lakers officials on Tuesday. Los Angeles is intrigued with Howard in part because of his good relationship with LeBron James.
According to a report from Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times, Howard made a strong impression with Lakers brass.
“Miami assistant coach Juwan Howard also impressed the Lakers during his interview Tuesday at the practice facility in El Segundo, according to people with knowledge of the talks,” Turner wrote. “Howard was a teammate of James with the Miami Heat for two-plus seasons and was an assistant coach when James played for the Heat.”
Howard played parts of three seasons with the Heat, including James’ first year in 2010-11. He won a title alongside James in 2011-12.
In 2012-13, Howard began to transition into coaching. He was a part of Miami’s roster for much of the season, but only appeared in seven games, and zero playoff games.
He took on the part of a coach, even though he was technically still a player. At the conclusion of the season, Howard officially retired and became an assistant coach with the Heat.
Howard has held that position ever since.
The Lakers are looking to find a new coach after mutually agreeing to part ways with Luke Walton at the end of the season.