- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Plan’ to Bring Back Dion Waiters
- Miami Heat Veterans Shower Bam Adebayo With Praise Amidst Breakout Season
- Kendrick Nunn Explains Why It Will Be Special to Face Golden State Warriors on Friday
- Dwyane Wade Celebrates Thanksgiving by Shouting Out Both Fans and Haters
- Dwyane Wade Issues Strong Response to Gabrielle Union Firing at ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Kendrick Nunn Says He’s ‘Definitely’ 2019-20 Rookie of the Year
- Erik Spoelstra Heavily Praises James Harden, Calls His Ability to Draw Fouls ‘Genius’
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out for Tonight’s Game vs. Houston Rockets
- Cavs Executive on Dion Waiters’ Problems in Cleveland: ‘Dion Was F—— Us Up on the Court’
- Jimmy Butler Says NBA Players Don’t Talk Trash to Him Because He’ll Slap Them
Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Plan’ to Bring Back Dion Waiters
- Updated: November 29, 2019
However, with the veteran’s 10-game suspension coming to an end tonight against the Golden State Warriors, the Heat have a plan to bring back Waiters.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) November 29, 2019
Waiters, 27, has yet to play in a game for the Heat this season.
Despite having a successful offseason in the gym, the 6-foot-3 pro got off on the wrong foot to start the 2019 preseason. During the exhibition campaign, Waiters began complaining about not getting enough playing time.
Heat president Pat Riley responded by boldly suspending Waiters to start the regular season. However, the outspoken guard didn’t back down. In the aftermath of the announced banishment, Waiters took public shots at head coach Erik Spoelstra and rookie teammate on Tyler Herro on social media.
Yet, that wasn’t the last poor showing of Waiters in the spotlight. Earlier this month, the journeyman reportedly had a panic attack after eating a cannabis-infused gummy while on a team flight to Los Angeles, which led to the 10-game suspension.
The Syracuse University product has career averages of 13.2 points and 2.8 assists per game.