- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Bam Adebayo Breaks Miami Heat Record Formerly Held by Dwyane Wade
- Updated: December 11, 2019
Bam Adebayo (@Bam1of1) posted 30p/11r/11a against Atlanta, breaking Dwyane Wade's record for the youngest player in Heat franchise history to post a triple-double at 22 years, 145 days old. #HEATTwitter https://t.co/3Y6XuMRgvQ pic.twitter.com/iHo5p1Kca8
— StatMuse (@statmuse) December 11, 2019
Adebayo, who broke Dwyane Wade’s franchise record, recorded 30 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists against the Hawks.
Wade had previously set the record on Dec. 30, 2004 against the Detroit Pistons, recording 31 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
The 22-year-old has seen an increased role with the Heat in his third NBA season, becoming the team’s undisputed starting center while averaging 15.3 points, 10.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks per game. All of those averages would be career-highs.
As the season goes on, it will be interesting to see how Adebayo continues to grow within this new role and how much he ends up developing.