- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Miami Heat Rumors: Goran Dragic Expected to Remain on Team for Upcoming Season
- Updated: July 6, 2019
However, a new report indicates that the team is expecting Dragic to remain on the team.
Last month, Dragic opted into the final year of his five-year contract and will earn $19.2 million for the 2019-20 campaign. That hefty price tag, coupled with the fact that at the age of 33, he’s not a long-term option for the team, have been the chief reasons why the Heat have looked at possible deals.
One rumored trade involved sending Dragic to the Los Angeles Lakers, who added superstar Anthony Davis to their team last month. That might still occur since the rationale for the Lakers making the deal was based on them coming up short in the Kawhi Leonard sweepstakes. That scenario unfolded when plans were announced that Leonard would sign with the Los Angeles Clippers.
While the Heat would like to get something of value in return for Dragic, it’s possible that they may be more concerned with reducing their payroll in order to have more flexibility when pursuing a player.
Dragic is coming off a year in which he played in just 36 games after missing two months because of a knee injury and subsequent surgery. He finished with averages of 13.7 points, 4.8 assists and 3.1 assists per game.