- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
- James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
Miami Heat Rumors: Goran Dragic Expected to Remain on Team for Upcoming Season
- Updated: July 6, 2019
However, a new report indicates that the team is expecting Dragic to remain on the team.
Last month, Dragic opted into the final year of his five-year contract and will earn $19.2 million for the 2019-20 campaign. That hefty price tag, coupled with the fact that at the age of 33, he’s not a long-term option for the team, have been the chief reasons why the Heat have looked at possible deals.
One rumored trade involved sending Dragic to the Los Angeles Lakers, who added superstar Anthony Davis to their team last month. That might still occur since the rationale for the Lakers making the deal was based on them coming up short in the Kawhi Leonard sweepstakes. That scenario unfolded when plans were announced that Leonard would sign with the Los Angeles Clippers.
While the Heat would like to get something of value in return for Dragic, it’s possible that they may be more concerned with reducing their payroll in order to have more flexibility when pursuing a player.
Dragic is coming off a year in which he played in just 36 games after missing two months because of a knee injury and subsequent surgery. He finished with averages of 13.7 points, 4.8 assists and 3.1 assists per game.