- John Cho Hilariously Responds to Dwyane Wade After Kissing His Wife
- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
Dwyane Wade and Zaire Wade Share Great Interaction at All-Star Media Day
- Updated: February 16, 2019
Dwyane Wade was fielding questions at All-Star media day on Saturday when a familiar voice chimed in.
“Mr. Wade, do you think you can beat your son one-on-one?”
The veteran shooting guard was ready with a quick answer:
“Do I think I can beat my son one-on-one? Been there, done that. Next. I’m gonna play him one more time after this season, it’ll be my last time ever playing him one-on-one, and we’ll see what he got.”
As the elder Wade gets ready to retire from the NBA at the end of the season, his son looks to one day pick up the mantle.
The 17-year-old guard is in his junior season of high school and is receiving a fair amount of attention from Division 1 basketball programs. He has legitimate aspirations of making it to the NBA, just like his father did 16 seasons ago.
Dwyane Wade is currently averaging 14.0 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 4.3 assists per game. Though he wasn’t initially chosen as an All-Star, he was added by commissioner Adam Silver as a special selection to honor his storied career.
Interactions like this one prove that Silver knew exactly what he was doing when he added the Heat star to the All-Star roster.