- Video: Bam Adebayo Rocks Bradley Beal Jersey After Game vs. Washington Wizards
- Report: Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Jimmy Butler’s Latest Foot Injury
- Derrick Jones Jr. on Defending Bigger Players: ‘I Ain’t Got No Fear for No Man’
- Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Dion Waiters Not Worried About Fitting in With Lakers, Says He’s Always Had ‘Bond’ With LeBron James
- Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Chris Paul for Being Best Clutch Player in League
- Miami Heat News: Jae Crowder Enters NBA’s Concussion Protocol After Blow From Zion Williamson
- Miami Heat News: Duncan Robinson Breaks Single-Season NBA Record
- Report: Jimmy Butler Says Bam Adebayo ‘Best Teammate’ He’s Ever Had
- Report: Miami Heat Privately Described Bam Adebayo as ‘Anti-Hassan’ on Draft Night
Dwyane Wade Reveals Godfather to His Newborn Baby Daughter
- Updated: November 9, 2018
That’s because Wade and Gabrielle Union celebrated bringing their newborn daughter into the world on Wednesday. As perhaps Wade’s most tenured friend in the league, Haslem was chosen as the daughter’s godfather.
Congratulations to my family @dwyanewade and @itsgabrielleu on the birth of their beautiful baby girl. Got my ass kicking boots on and ready to be the best godfather ever my boy!!! #biggerthanbasketball #og #blessed pic.twitter.com/5ABnNAnHRT
Wade had been excused from Wednesday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs, his first absence of the season. It appears the reasoning was to be present in welcoming home his new daughter, whose name has been undisclosed currently.
We are sleepless and delirious but so excited to share that, our miracle baby, arrived last night via surrogate and 11/7 will forever be etched in our hearts as the most loveliest of all the lovely days. Welcome to the party sweet girl! #onelastdance @itsgabrielleu ❤️ ♥️ ♥️ pic.twitter.com/JudAeQlbJ7
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 8, 2018
A LOVELY DAY ↓❤️ ↓ pic.twitter.com/uzLKdGbzbD
Wade and Union have went on to call their daughter a “miracle baby” after going through a surrogate to give birth. The two have been married since 2014. Including his daughter, Wade now has four children; this is his first daughter after previously having three sons while also caring for his nephew. Wade’s “One Last Dance” theme has added another highlight to its marathon.