- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
Kevin Durant Breaks Down Tyler Herro’s Game: ‘This Kid Knows How to Do It’
- Updated: June 26, 2019
As it turns out, all they had to do was talk to former MVP Kevin Durant, who sat down to break down Herro’s game back when he was a highly touted recruit headed to the University of Kentucky.
“Skills man, you got to have skills if you want to last,” Durant said while watching Herro. “The game, you got to protect your craft. You can’t just be out there jumping over everybody, you got to be able to shoot, dribble, pass. And this kid knows how to do it.”
He then reacted to Herro muscling his way into the lane despite having defenders draped all over him.
“Get your spot, pull it forward,” he said. “Shield well, he know’s how to score.”
If Herro did enough in high school to convince Durant that he was a prospect worth keeping an eye on, it’s fairly easy to understand why the Heat jumped at the opportunity to draft him.
Now, Herro will get the opportunity to carve out a spot for himself in Miami’s young and talented rotation.
While the Heat are not expected to make a big splash this summer in the free agency or trade markets, it looks like they already made a very strong addition to their roster thanks to the draft.