- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat’s Josh Richardson ‘Really Close’ to Returning to Full Form
- Updated: November 12, 2016
Richardson scored 16 points and dropped four three-pointers in the Miami Heat’s 98-95 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Thursday night. It was his best performance of the season so far considering he has only played in three games since being cleared.
After practice on Friday, Richardson said he feels close to being his normal self on the court.
“I think I’m really close to it,” Richardson said. “I think I still missed some looks that I would like to have normally made. But I think once the fourth quarter came, I got more confident and knocked a couple shots down for us.”
He looked extremely confident on the floor and shot an overall 6-of-13 from the field. Head coach Erik Spoelstra upped his minutes total from 12 minutes in his season debut last week to 28 minutes against the Bulls.
“He handled it well,” said Spoelstra about Richardson’s minutes. “He felt fine today.”
Richardson might need to play longer stretches in the Heat’s upcoming games due to point guard Goran Dragic‘s recent ankle injury. Spoelstra has not announced who will replace Dragic in the starting lineup against the Utah Jazz on Saturday, but Richardson will undoubtedly share some of the responsibility throughout the game.
The Heat take on the Jazz on Saturday night at 8 p.m. ET on Fox Sports Sun.