- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Fans ‘Are Loyal to the Soil,’ Wants Same Love Dwyane Wade Gets
- Updated: November 21, 2019
In that short amount of time, he’s already gotten to know the passionate Heat fan base. In a recent interview with Michael Lee of The Athletic, Butler raved about the support he’s felt from the fans.
He also expressed a desire to try to earn the same level of love that close friend and Heat legend Dwyane Wade enjoys from Heat Nation.
“These fans are loyal to the soil,” Butler said. “Especially for D-Wade. Once you put on that uniform and you’ve battled for this city, they embrace you forever. The love that he got, that he damn well deserved, it was, that could be me one day. I don’t ever compare myself to that guy. I just love him as a human being. Hell of a basketball player. We all know. But he’s always looking out for me and trying to help me, that he made it easy. Man, if this organization, this city, helped D-Wade, in any way, I know it can help me, tenfold.”
Butler has brought everything Heat fans had hoped for and more so far this season. He’s averaging 18.7 points, 7.0 assists, 5.7 rebounds and 2.7 steals per game. Beyond that, he’s already had an incredible impact on many of the team’s young players who seem to be gravitating towards him.
Heading into the season, no one seriously considered the Heat to be title contenders. Now, at 10-3, it would be hard not to include them amongst the favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference.
There’s still a lot of season to be played. If Butler and the Heat keep this up, he’ll likely quickly find himself amongst the franchise’s most beloved players.