- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Fans ‘Are Loyal to the Soil,’ Wants Same Love Dwyane Wade Gets
- Updated: November 21, 2019
In that short amount of time, he’s already gotten to know the passionate Heat fan base. In a recent interview with Michael Lee of The Athletic, Butler raved about the support he’s felt from the fans.
He also expressed a desire to try to earn the same level of love that close friend and Heat legend Dwyane Wade enjoys from Heat Nation.
“These fans are loyal to the soil,” Butler said. “Especially for D-Wade. Once you put on that uniform and you’ve battled for this city, they embrace you forever. The love that he got, that he damn well deserved, it was, that could be me one day. I don’t ever compare myself to that guy. I just love him as a human being. Hell of a basketball player. We all know. But he’s always looking out for me and trying to help me, that he made it easy. Man, if this organization, this city, helped D-Wade, in any way, I know it can help me, tenfold.”
Butler has brought everything Heat fans had hoped for and more so far this season. He’s averaging 18.7 points, 7.0 assists, 5.7 rebounds and 2.7 steals per game. Beyond that, he’s already had an incredible impact on many of the team’s young players who seem to be gravitating towards him.
Heading into the season, no one seriously considered the Heat to be title contenders. Now, at 10-3, it would be hard not to include them amongst the favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference.
There’s still a lot of season to be played. If Butler and the Heat keep this up, he’ll likely quickly find himself amongst the franchise’s most beloved players.