- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Collaborate to Donate Food to Healthcare Workers
- Updated: April 12, 2020
The vital role of first responders during the current coronavirus pandemic was recognized by a generous donation of food to healthcare workers by the Miami Heat’s Udonis Haslem and retired team legend Dwyane Wade.
The array of food for the unnamed medical facility came from Haslem and Wade’s restaurant, 800 Degrees, which opened in suburban Aventura in 2018.
Recognizing the efforts of healthcare workers has become the focus of virtually every community in the United States, in part because of the dangerous circumstances those individuals face on a daily basis while treating victims of the contagious virus.
Since opening its doors, Haslem and Wade’s restaurant has received some rave reviews about its cuisine. Both the Miami New Times and Eater Miami have offered specific endorsements of the restaurant’s chicken wings.
The gesture by Haslem and Wade continues a legacy by the duo that was firmly established years ago. Haslem is Miami native, while Wade embraced his adopted South Florida community so much so that the area has unofficially become known as Wade County.
Given the unknown length of this current crisis, it’s likely that this donation won’t be the last one made by Haslem and Wade.