- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
- Report: Miami Heat’s ability to trade for star like Bradley Beal may hinge on Kelly Olynyk
- Jimmy Butler severely disrespected in 2021 NBA MVP odds
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro reflects on NBA Finals loss with motivational social media post
Dwyane Wade Explains Why Derrick Jones Jr. Deserved to Win Dunk Contest Over Aaron Gordon
- Updated: April 18, 2020
Now, Wade has finally opened up about why he gave Orlando Magic star Aaron Gordon a nine out of 10 in the final round of the affair.
Since the event, Wade has gotten quite a bit of flack for the way he judged in Jones Jr.’s favor.
In fact, just last week, Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry clowned Wade on social media for his role in the outcome.
As for Jones Jr., he’s certainly not complaining. The talented leaper earned an endorsement deal with Puma shortly following the contest.
On top of that, he is reportedly garnering interest from teams around the league regarding his impending free agency.
Many fans would probably agree that Jones Jr. did indeed deserve the trophy. As Wade said, while Gordon technically jumped over Boston Celtics big man Tacko Fall, he did not fully clear him.
When it comes to Jones Jr., his dunks were executed to perfection and filled with nothing but style.