- Tyler Herro ‘Stands With People of Color’ as He Breaks His Silence on Racial Injustice
- ESPN’s Panel of Experts Agree Bam Adebayo Should and Will Win Most Improved Player Award
- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Ayehsa Curry Rips Donald Trump for Calling George Floyd Protesters ‘Thugs’
Dwyane Wade Explains Why Derrick Jones Jr. Deserved to Win Dunk Contest Over Aaron Gordon
- Updated: April 18, 2020
Now, Wade has finally opened up about why he gave Orlando Magic star Aaron Gordon a nine out of 10 in the final round of the affair.
Since the event, Wade has gotten quite a bit of flack for the way he judged in Jones Jr.’s favor.
In fact, just last week, Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry clowned Wade on social media for his role in the outcome.
As for Jones Jr., he’s certainly not complaining. The talented leaper earned an endorsement deal with Puma shortly following the contest.
On top of that, he is reportedly garnering interest from teams around the league regarding his impending free agency.
Many fans would probably agree that Jones Jr. did indeed deserve the trophy. As Wade said, while Gordon technically jumped over Boston Celtics big man Tacko Fall, he did not fully clear him.
When it comes to Jones Jr., his dunks were executed to perfection and filled with nothing but style.