- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Explains Why Derrick Jones Jr. Deserved to Win Dunk Contest Over Aaron Gordon
- Updated: April 18, 2020
Now, Wade has finally opened up about why he gave Orlando Magic star Aaron Gordon a nine out of 10 in the final round of the affair.
Since the event, Wade has gotten quite a bit of flack for the way he judged in Jones Jr.’s favor.
In fact, just last week, Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry clowned Wade on social media for his role in the outcome.
As for Jones Jr., he’s certainly not complaining. The talented leaper earned an endorsement deal with Puma shortly following the contest.
On top of that, he is reportedly garnering interest from teams around the league regarding his impending free agency.
Many fans would probably agree that Jones Jr. did indeed deserve the trophy. As Wade said, while Gordon technically jumped over Boston Celtics big man Tacko Fall, he did not fully clear him.
When it comes to Jones Jr., his dunks were executed to perfection and filled with nothing but style.