- Report: Miami Heat Release Initial Test Results From Derrick Jones Jr.’s Scary Injury
- Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Leaves Game on Stretcher After Going Down With Hard Injury
- Jimmy Butler Fully Expects Miami Heat to Get Another Big-Name Player: ‘It’s Gonna Happen’
- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
Dwyane Wade Explains Why Derrick Jones Jr. Deserved to Win Dunk Contest Over Aaron Gordon
- Updated: April 18, 2020
Now, Wade has finally opened up about why he gave Orlando Magic star Aaron Gordon a nine out of 10 in the final round of the affair.
Since the event, Wade has gotten quite a bit of flack for the way he judged in Jones Jr.’s favor.
In fact, just last week, Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry clowned Wade on social media for his role in the outcome.
As for Jones Jr., he’s certainly not complaining. The talented leaper earned an endorsement deal with Puma shortly following the contest.
On top of that, he is reportedly garnering interest from teams around the league regarding his impending free agency.
Many fans would probably agree that Jones Jr. did indeed deserve the trophy. As Wade said, while Gordon technically jumped over Boston Celtics big man Tacko Fall, he did not fully clear him.
When it comes to Jones Jr., his dunks were executed to perfection and filled with nothing but style.