- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Dwayne Wade Commends Bears Kicker Cody Parkey After Heartbreaking Loss
- Updated: January 7, 2019
It’s always good when professional athletes support each other through thick and thin, and that’s just what Miami Heat guard and noted Chicago Bears fan Dwyane Wade did after witnessing kicker Cody Parkey miss a potential game-winning field goal on Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles.
After Parkey’s miss, which hit both the left goalpost and the crossbar before dropping into the end zone, Bears fans rained down boos as the kicker exited Solider Field. Following the game, Parkey sat through what was likely to be the toughest media session of his career, answering questions respectfully and eloquently.
Wade, who is no stranger to difficult media sessions, took notice of the kicker’s professionalism during such a rough time.
Most of you have no idea how hard this is to do. Cody Parkey way to face the media like a true professional. I’m a fan! https://t.co/xbJ5kW6pXF
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 7, 2019
The missed kick ended the Bears first playoff run in eight years earlier than many expected. That will certainly sting for a while.
Hopefully, Parkey’s teammates take notice of Wade’s words and lift up the kicker during an offseason where many will tear him down.