- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Dwayne Wade Commends Bears Kicker Cody Parkey After Heartbreaking Loss
- Updated: January 7, 2019
It’s always good when professional athletes support each other through thick and thin, and that’s just what Miami Heat guard and noted Chicago Bears fan Dwyane Wade did after witnessing kicker Cody Parkey miss a potential game-winning field goal on Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles.
After Parkey’s miss, which hit both the left goalpost and the crossbar before dropping into the end zone, Bears fans rained down boos as the kicker exited Solider Field. Following the game, Parkey sat through what was likely to be the toughest media session of his career, answering questions respectfully and eloquently.
Wade, who is no stranger to difficult media sessions, took notice of the kicker’s professionalism during such a rough time.
Most of you have no idea how hard this is to do. Cody Parkey way to face the media like a true professional. I’m a fan! https://t.co/xbJ5kW6pXF
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 7, 2019
The missed kick ended the Bears first playoff run in eight years earlier than many expected. That will certainly sting for a while.
Hopefully, Parkey’s teammates take notice of Wade’s words and lift up the kicker during an offseason where many will tear him down.