- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Dwayne Wade Commends Bears Kicker Cody Parkey After Heartbreaking Loss
- Updated: January 7, 2019
It’s always good when professional athletes support each other through thick and thin, and that’s just what Miami Heat guard and noted Chicago Bears fan Dwyane Wade did after witnessing kicker Cody Parkey miss a potential game-winning field goal on Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles.
After Parkey’s miss, which hit both the left goalpost and the crossbar before dropping into the end zone, Bears fans rained down boos as the kicker exited Solider Field. Following the game, Parkey sat through what was likely to be the toughest media session of his career, answering questions respectfully and eloquently.
Wade, who is no stranger to difficult media sessions, took notice of the kicker’s professionalism during such a rough time.
Most of you have no idea how hard this is to do. Cody Parkey way to face the media like a true professional. I’m a fan! https://t.co/xbJ5kW6pXF
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 7, 2019
The missed kick ended the Bears first playoff run in eight years earlier than many expected. That will certainly sting for a while.
Hopefully, Parkey’s teammates take notice of Wade’s words and lift up the kicker during an offseason where many will tear him down.