- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Dwayne Wade Commends Bears Kicker Cody Parkey After Heartbreaking Loss
- Updated: January 7, 2019
It’s always good when professional athletes support each other through thick and thin, and that’s just what Miami Heat guard and noted Chicago Bears fan Dwyane Wade did after witnessing kicker Cody Parkey miss a potential game-winning field goal on Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles.
After Parkey’s miss, which hit both the left goalpost and the crossbar before dropping into the end zone, Bears fans rained down boos as the kicker exited Solider Field. Following the game, Parkey sat through what was likely to be the toughest media session of his career, answering questions respectfully and eloquently.
Wade, who is no stranger to difficult media sessions, took notice of the kicker’s professionalism during such a rough time.
Most of you have no idea how hard this is to do. Cody Parkey way to face the media like a true professional. I’m a fan! https://t.co/xbJ5kW6pXF
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 7, 2019
The missed kick ended the Bears first playoff run in eight years earlier than many expected. That will certainly sting for a while.
Hopefully, Parkey’s teammates take notice of Wade’s words and lift up the kicker during an offseason where many will tear him down.