- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
- Bam Adebayo Explains Why Tyler Herro Will Quickly Adjust to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade and Bradley Beal Can’t Believe Zaire Wade’s New High School Roster
- Tobias Harris on Jimmy Butler Leaving 76ers for Heat: ‘Miami Is Gonna Love Him’
- Former NBA Player Disrespects Chris Bosh: ‘Can You Really Call Miami a Big 3’
- Renowned NBA Trainer Sends Warning to League About Dion Waiters
- Video: Bam Adebayo Hilariously Blocks Children’s Shots at Basketball Camp
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Be ‘Aggressive’ in Adding Another Star
- Dion Waiters Opens Up About Emotional Struggles He Faced After Gaining Weight
Dwayne Wade Commends Bears Kicker Cody Parkey After Heartbreaking Loss
- Updated: January 7, 2019
It’s always good when professional athletes support each other through thick and thin, and that’s just what Miami Heat guard and noted Chicago Bears fan Dwyane Wade did after witnessing kicker Cody Parkey miss a potential game-winning field goal on Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles.
After Parkey’s miss, which hit both the left goalpost and the crossbar before dropping into the end zone, Bears fans rained down boos as the kicker exited Solider Field. Following the game, Parkey sat through what was likely to be the toughest media session of his career, answering questions respectfully and eloquently.
Wade, who is no stranger to difficult media sessions, took notice of the kicker’s professionalism during such a rough time.
Most of you have no idea how hard this is to do. Cody Parkey way to face the media like a true professional. I’m a fan! https://t.co/xbJ5kW6pXF
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 7, 2019
The missed kick ended the Bears first playoff run in eight years earlier than many expected. That will certainly sting for a while.
Hopefully, Parkey’s teammates take notice of Wade’s words and lift up the kicker during an offseason where many will tear him down.