- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Former NFL Star Urges NBA Fans to Put Money on Miami Heat Coming Out of East
- Updated: June 5, 2020
Former NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson made his living catching passes, but he’s now dispensing gambling information about the Miami Heat’s chances once NBA action resumes on July 31.
Johnson firmly believes that the Heat have a good shot at winning the Eastern Conference and advancing to the NBA Finals. He offered a brief statement on social media that emphasized his confidence.
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) June 5, 2020
“The Heat are coming out the East, alright?” Johnson said. “Listen to me. Listen to me because I love you. Alright, so if you’re a gambler and you’re about money, because you know I’m about money. I’m not about spending it, but I’m about my money. Put your money on the Heat coming out of the East.”
Johnson’s confidence before the Heat even get back on the court is admirable, but it comes with the reality of his clear bias in making the selection.
During his 11 NFL seasons, Johnson never lacked for confidence and used that mindset to catch 766 passes over the course of his career, all but 15 of them with the Cincinnati Bengals.
While some people may have been wagering on past NFL games involving Johnson, it remains to be seen if any will take his current advice and put money down on the Heat.