- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
Former NFL Star Urges NBA Fans to Put Money on Miami Heat Coming Out of East
- Updated: June 5, 2020
Former NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson made his living catching passes, but he’s now dispensing gambling information about the Miami Heat’s chances once NBA action resumes on July 31.
Johnson firmly believes that the Heat have a good shot at winning the Eastern Conference and advancing to the NBA Finals. He offered a brief statement on social media that emphasized his confidence.
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) June 5, 2020
“The Heat are coming out the East, alright?” Johnson said. “Listen to me. Listen to me because I love you. Alright, so if you’re a gambler and you’re about money, because you know I’m about money. I’m not about spending it, but I’m about my money. Put your money on the Heat coming out of the East.”
Johnson’s confidence before the Heat even get back on the court is admirable, but it comes with the reality of his clear bias in making the selection.
During his 11 NFL seasons, Johnson never lacked for confidence and used that mindset to catch 766 passes over the course of his career, all but 15 of them with the Cincinnati Bengals.
While some people may have been wagering on past NFL games involving Johnson, it remains to be seen if any will take his current advice and put money down on the Heat.