- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Former NFL Star Urges NBA Fans to Put Money on Miami Heat Coming Out of East
- Updated: June 5, 2020
Former NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson made his living catching passes, but he’s now dispensing gambling information about the Miami Heat’s chances once NBA action resumes on July 31.
Johnson firmly believes that the Heat have a good shot at winning the Eastern Conference and advancing to the NBA Finals. He offered a brief statement on social media that emphasized his confidence.
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) June 5, 2020
“The Heat are coming out the East, alright?” Johnson said. “Listen to me. Listen to me because I love you. Alright, so if you’re a gambler and you’re about money, because you know I’m about money. I’m not about spending it, but I’m about my money. Put your money on the Heat coming out of the East.”
Johnson’s confidence before the Heat even get back on the court is admirable, but it comes with the reality of his clear bias in making the selection.
During his 11 NFL seasons, Johnson never lacked for confidence and used that mindset to catch 766 passes over the course of his career, all but 15 of them with the Cincinnati Bengals.
While some people may have been wagering on past NFL games involving Johnson, it remains to be seen if any will take his current advice and put money down on the Heat.