- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
DJ Khaled Wants to Become Owner of Miami Heat
- Updated: April 18, 2016
While DJ Khaled may not have the funds to buy full ownership in the Miami Heat, it won’t stop him from trying to buy a stake.
According to TMZ, the rap artist would like to purchase a stake in his favorite team—even if it’s just one percent:
“I would love to talk to the Heat [to see if they’d] let me be an owner – even if it’s one percent. Either way, I’m there representing courtside. And if I’m out of town, I’m representing. I bleed Miami. It’s Miami Heat for life. It’s Miami everything.”
Khaled is already a regular attendee at Miami’s home games, often seen sitting courtside with other celebrities. Current Heat owner Micky Arison bought controlling interest of the team in 1995 for $68 million. Khaled’s net worth currently stands at $18 million, so there’s a chance he could potentially buy a small interest.
Making matters more interesting is his close friendship with Hassan Whiteside. Whiteside and Khaled apparently have been hanging out in hot tubs together and communicating over Snapchat. With Whiteside due to become a free agent this summer, maybe Khaled’s influence can convince him to stay in Miami.