- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
DJ Khaled Wants to Become Owner of Miami Heat
- Updated: April 18, 2016
While DJ Khaled may not have the funds to buy full ownership in the Miami Heat, it won’t stop him from trying to buy a stake.
According to TMZ, the rap artist would like to purchase a stake in his favorite team—even if it’s just one percent:
“I would love to talk to the Heat [to see if they’d] let me be an owner – even if it’s one percent. Either way, I’m there representing courtside. And if I’m out of town, I’m representing. I bleed Miami. It’s Miami Heat for life. It’s Miami everything.”
Khaled is already a regular attendee at Miami’s home games, often seen sitting courtside with other celebrities. Current Heat owner Micky Arison bought controlling interest of the team in 1995 for $68 million. Khaled’s net worth currently stands at $18 million, so there’s a chance he could potentially buy a small interest.
Making matters more interesting is his close friendship with Hassan Whiteside. Whiteside and Khaled apparently have been hanging out in hot tubs together and communicating over Snapchat. With Whiteside due to become a free agent this summer, maybe Khaled’s influence can convince him to stay in Miami.