- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
DJ Khaled Wants to Become Owner of Miami Heat
- Updated: April 18, 2016
While DJ Khaled may not have the funds to buy full ownership in the Miami Heat, it won’t stop him from trying to buy a stake.
According to TMZ, the rap artist would like to purchase a stake in his favorite team—even if it’s just one percent:
“I would love to talk to the Heat [to see if they’d] let me be an owner – even if it’s one percent. Either way, I’m there representing courtside. And if I’m out of town, I’m representing. I bleed Miami. It’s Miami Heat for life. It’s Miami everything.”
Khaled is already a regular attendee at Miami’s home games, often seen sitting courtside with other celebrities. Current Heat owner Micky Arison bought controlling interest of the team in 1995 for $68 million. Khaled’s net worth currently stands at $18 million, so there’s a chance he could potentially buy a small interest.
Making matters more interesting is his close friendship with Hassan Whiteside. Whiteside and Khaled apparently have been hanging out in hot tubs together and communicating over Snapchat. With Whiteside due to become a free agent this summer, maybe Khaled’s influence can convince him to stay in Miami.