- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
DJ Khaled Wants to Become Owner of Miami Heat
- Updated: April 18, 2016
While DJ Khaled may not have the funds to buy full ownership in the Miami Heat, it won’t stop him from trying to buy a stake.
According to TMZ, the rap artist would like to purchase a stake in his favorite team—even if it’s just one percent:
“I would love to talk to the Heat [to see if they’d] let me be an owner – even if it’s one percent. Either way, I’m there representing courtside. And if I’m out of town, I’m representing. I bleed Miami. It’s Miami Heat for life. It’s Miami everything.”
Khaled is already a regular attendee at Miami’s home games, often seen sitting courtside with other celebrities. Current Heat owner Micky Arison bought controlling interest of the team in 1995 for $68 million. Khaled’s net worth currently stands at $18 million, so there’s a chance he could potentially buy a small interest.
Making matters more interesting is his close friendship with Hassan Whiteside. Whiteside and Khaled apparently have been hanging out in hot tubs together and communicating over Snapchat. With Whiteside due to become a free agent this summer, maybe Khaled’s influence can convince him to stay in Miami.