- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Damian Lillard Shouts Out Dwyane Wade While Wearing His Gear on Social Media
- Updated: June 9, 2019
That fact was proven on Saturday, when All-Star point guard Damian Lillard took to Instagram to show off his new threads from the D. Wade World Tour collection.
The collection was a part of Wade’s farewell tour during his final season in the league. In Wade’s final game versus the Portland Trail Blazers, which resulted in a 118-108 Miami victory, Lillard spoke about what sets the three-time NBA champion apart from other stars.
“The thing that I always liked about with D-Wade is just his demeanor,” he said. “I don’t think you see a lot of superstars like him that just kinda got their quiet, humble vibe about them.
“When he was first in the league, he had the fire, the competitive nature, and you know, even when he became a star, that mega star, he was still kind of just humble. LeBron came to town, he kind of took a backseat. There wasn’t no egos or nothing like that, and I thought that said everything that needed to be said about him. I think that’s the difference between him and a lot of other guys.”
It’s incredibly high praise from a player who is now considered to be one of the top guards in the NBA.
That status comes after an incredible playoffs performance which saw Lillard lead his Blazers all the way to the Western Conference Finals. In the Blazers’ postseason run, Lillard averaged 26.9 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 4.8 rebounds per game.
While Lillard’s 2018-19 season has come to an end, he’s got a lot more career ahead of him before he hangs it up for good. As for Wade, he’s already enjoying his retirement and is looking forward to the next thing to leave his mark on.