- Report: Miami Heat have shown interest in Larry Nance Jr.
- Antoine Walker rips Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden: ‘You can’t win with his style’
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
Chris Bosh Seen Training With Teammates in Newly Released Video
- Updated: August 26, 2016
The situation surrounding Chris Bosh and his blood-clot concerns has been a source of confusion and controversy.
Last season, Bosh was forced to miss the second half of 2015-16 when new blood clots emerged in his left calf. Before that, Bosh missed the second half of the 2014-15 season after blood clots showed up on his lung.
Though the clots in his calf were not as big of a concern as the ones on his lung, he was still required to undergo treatment which involved taking blood thinners. While on blood thinners, the user of the medication is supposed to restrain from strenuous activity that could lead to potential injury or certain incidents such as “a hard fall or an elbow to the head.”
Once the playoffs began for the Miami Heat last season, Bosh made it clear that he was no longer on blood thinners and expressed a desire to return to the court. The Heat refused his request because they were afraid of what might’ve happened if their prized stretch-four returned to the court too soon.
Since then, the organization has still been very quiet about whether or not the 6-foot-11 big man will be ready to return for the Heat by the start of the 2016-17 season. However, in a new promotional video for the team, we can briefly see Bosh working out and sweating hard while training with the team. This must mean that team doctors, along with the franchise’s higher-ups, are no longer concerned with the effect that strenuous activity may or may not have on Bosh’s health.
Spo: Our program requires work…commitment…discipline. It requires guys wanting to get better.https://t.co/AVMvzlsYCn
Does this mean Bosh will be ready to return for the season opener in late October?
Unfortunately, the jury is still out on that one.
The fact that he is training with the team, though, is certainly a relief as it suggests that the team might be ready to let Bosh return to the court sooner rather than later.