- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
Atlanta Hawks swingman indicates that Jimmy Butler should be included in MVP talks
- Updated: March 15, 2021
One of Butler’s former teammates, Atlanta Hawks forward Solomon Hill, raised the idea of Butler being included in more MVP talks.
mvp talks…? pic.twitter.com/mv4Z4Mh2BY
Butler, 31, missed several games earlier this season due to coronavirus safety measures.
The Heat struggled in his absence. As a matter of fact, they had one of the worst records in the Eastern Conference in the early part of the 2020-21 campaign.
Now, the Heat have the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference at 21-18. They’ve won nine of their last 10 games. Butler is putting up 21.4 points, 8.0 assists and 7.4 boards per game this season.
Hill, who played for the Heat during their 2020 bubble run in Orlando, Fla. last season, saw Butler work his magic as he led the Heat to the 2020 NBA Finals.
During the 2020 NBA Finals, Butler averaged 26.2 points, 8.3 rebounds and 9.8 assists per game. He led the Heat to two wins against the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals.