- Erik Spoelstra Says Jimmy Butler Has Miami Heat DNA, Was ‘Meant to Play Here’
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
Goran Dragic Breaks 2 Miami Heat Records in 1st Half vs. Golden State Warriors
- Updated: February 27, 2019
No Heat reserve had ever done either of those things in the team’s history.
More on @Goran_Dragic's second quarter tonight: His 20 points is a Heat record for any quarter by a reserve, and his 25 first-half points is a Heat reserve record for any half.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) February 28, 2019
The former All-Star point guard scored his record-setting 25 points by shooting 6-of-9 from the field, including 4-of-6 from beyond the arc.
He also made all nine of his free-throw attempts. Behind his strong performance, the Heat took a 15-point halftime lead over the defending champions.
Dragic is playing in just his 17th game of the season, as he’s battled injuries for much of the year. It’s only the fourth time he’s come off the bench in the last seven seasons, but apparently it’s suiting him well.
Coming into the game, Dragic was averaging 14.3 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 4.5 assist per game, while shooting 40.8 percent from the field and 29.7 percent from deep.