- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Goran Dragic Breaks 2 Miami Heat Records in 1st Half vs. Golden State Warriors
- Updated: February 27, 2019
No Heat reserve had ever done either of those things in the team’s history.
More on @Goran_Dragic's second quarter tonight: His 20 points is a Heat record for any quarter by a reserve, and his 25 first-half points is a Heat reserve record for any half.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) February 28, 2019
The former All-Star point guard scored his record-setting 25 points by shooting 6-of-9 from the field, including 4-of-6 from beyond the arc.
He also made all nine of his free-throw attempts. Behind his strong performance, the Heat took a 15-point halftime lead over the defending champions.
Dragic is playing in just his 17th game of the season, as he’s battled injuries for much of the year. It’s only the fourth time he’s come off the bench in the last seven seasons, but apparently it’s suiting him well.
Coming into the game, Dragic was averaging 14.3 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 4.5 assist per game, while shooting 40.8 percent from the field and 29.7 percent from deep.