- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Video: Hassan Whiteside Messes With Zaire Wade as the Pair Practice Together
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Zaire Wade, son of Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade, is still in high school, but he’s already working on shooting over NBA centers. Hassan Whiteside posted a video to Instagram showing Zaire Wade shooting jumpers over a dummy defender donning Whiteside’s face and jersey.
Whiteside can be seen messing with the younger Wade and teases him by saying that he can’t post the video if he’s not making the shots. Perhaps Whiteside’s recording and subsequent joking were distracting Zaire Wade from knocking down those shots. Or maybe Zaire Wade is still not used to shooting over 7-footers yet. After all, he’s still a junior in high school.
Despite the misses in the video, Zaire Wade is a highly touted prospect with legitimate interest from NCAA Division I schools. The junior will graduate in 2020 and already has one offer from the University of Nebraska.
If Zaire Wade continues to hone his game with guys like Whiteside, he could see more offers roll in before long. Zaire Wade’s name obviously brings him recognition, but it’s clear that he’s willing to put in the work to be successful as well.