- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
Video: Hassan Whiteside Messes With Zaire Wade as the Pair Practice Together
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Zaire Wade, son of Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade, is still in high school, but he’s already working on shooting over NBA centers. Hassan Whiteside posted a video to Instagram showing Zaire Wade shooting jumpers over a dummy defender donning Whiteside’s face and jersey.
Whiteside can be seen messing with the younger Wade and teases him by saying that he can’t post the video if he’s not making the shots. Perhaps Whiteside’s recording and subsequent joking were distracting Zaire Wade from knocking down those shots. Or maybe Zaire Wade is still not used to shooting over 7-footers yet. After all, he’s still a junior in high school.
Despite the misses in the video, Zaire Wade is a highly touted prospect with legitimate interest from NCAA Division I schools. The junior will graduate in 2020 and already has one offer from the University of Nebraska.
If Zaire Wade continues to hone his game with guys like Whiteside, he could see more offers roll in before long. Zaire Wade’s name obviously brings him recognition, but it’s clear that he’s willing to put in the work to be successful as well.