- Report: Jimmy Butler Showing Early Indications of Being Leader and Forming Bonds With Heat Teammates
- Dion Waiters Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After His Retirement Announcement
- Chris Bosh Pays Massive Compliment to Kobe Bryant and Manu Ginobili via Social Media
- Why Miami Heat Teammates Expect Bam Adebayo to Take Major Leap This Season
- How Extending Bam Adebayo Could Impact Miami Heat’s Ability to Sign Bradley Beal
- Report: BangBros to Submit $10M Bid for Naming Rights to Miami Heat Arena
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Jimmy Butler No. 11 Player in NBA for 2019-20 Season
- Miami Heat Teammates Respond to Tyler Herro’s Inspiring Hype Video
- Goran Dragic Questions Legitimacy of FIBA World Cup
- Report: Dwyane Wade ‘Disappointed’ No Team Has Signed Carmelo Anthony
Video: Hassan Whiteside Messes With Zaire Wade as the Pair Practice Together
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Zaire Wade, son of Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade, is still in high school, but he’s already working on shooting over NBA centers. Hassan Whiteside posted a video to Instagram showing Zaire Wade shooting jumpers over a dummy defender donning Whiteside’s face and jersey.
Whiteside can be seen messing with the younger Wade and teases him by saying that he can’t post the video if he’s not making the shots. Perhaps Whiteside’s recording and subsequent joking were distracting Zaire Wade from knocking down those shots. Or maybe Zaire Wade is still not used to shooting over 7-footers yet. After all, he’s still a junior in high school.
Despite the misses in the video, Zaire Wade is a highly touted prospect with legitimate interest from NCAA Division I schools. The junior will graduate in 2020 and already has one offer from the University of Nebraska.
If Zaire Wade continues to hone his game with guys like Whiteside, he could see more offers roll in before long. Zaire Wade’s name obviously brings him recognition, but it’s clear that he’s willing to put in the work to be successful as well.