- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
- Bam Adebayo Explains Why Tyler Herro Will Quickly Adjust to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade and Bradley Beal Can’t Believe Zaire Wade’s New High School Roster
- Tobias Harris on Jimmy Butler Leaving 76ers for Heat: ‘Miami Is Gonna Love Him’
- Former NBA Player Disrespects Chris Bosh: ‘Can You Really Call Miami a Big 3’
- Renowned NBA Trainer Sends Warning to League About Dion Waiters
- Video: Bam Adebayo Hilariously Blocks Children’s Shots at Basketball Camp
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Be ‘Aggressive’ in Adding Another Star
- Dion Waiters Opens Up About Emotional Struggles He Faced After Gaining Weight
Video: Hassan Whiteside Messes With Zaire Wade as the Pair Practice Together
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Zaire Wade, son of Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade, is still in high school, but he’s already working on shooting over NBA centers. Hassan Whiteside posted a video to Instagram showing Zaire Wade shooting jumpers over a dummy defender donning Whiteside’s face and jersey.
Whiteside can be seen messing with the younger Wade and teases him by saying that he can’t post the video if he’s not making the shots. Perhaps Whiteside’s recording and subsequent joking were distracting Zaire Wade from knocking down those shots. Or maybe Zaire Wade is still not used to shooting over 7-footers yet. After all, he’s still a junior in high school.
Despite the misses in the video, Zaire Wade is a highly touted prospect with legitimate interest from NCAA Division I schools. The junior will graduate in 2020 and already has one offer from the University of Nebraska.
If Zaire Wade continues to hone his game with guys like Whiteside, he could see more offers roll in before long. Zaire Wade’s name obviously brings him recognition, but it’s clear that he’s willing to put in the work to be successful as well.