- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
Video: Dwyane Wade Makes Bold Prediction Regarding LeBron’s Lakers
- Updated: December 11, 2018
Dwyane Wade knows exactly what LeBron James is capable of and he’s making a bold prediction regarding the Los Angeles Lakers. Wade believes that James will take his new team all the way to the NBA Finals.
In his postgame interview, Wade was asked what James needs to do to get his team where it needs to go. He took the opportunity to first mention James’ tremendous efforts off the court. But then he made his bold prediction regarding the Lakers’ playoff future:
“I have no doubt that this team will be in the Finals at some point. This guy could play for as long as he wants and I’ll be here to see it.”
Wade’s prediction may seem bold at first, but it’s not crazy to think James can carry the Lakers to the NBA Finals in the next few years. He’ll likely need some help, and the Lakers will have an opportunity to add another star during the offseason.
Furthermore, the rising stars on the Lakers are starting to come into their own. More specifically, Kyle Kuzma looks like a budding star. Against the Heat, Kuzma put up 33 points and snatched up seven rebounds. Kuzma is averaging 25 points over his last five games — four of which were Laker victories.
James is still the best player in the world when he is playing at a high level. That’s the biggest reason why the Lakers are set to be contenders for years to come.
If the Lakers can attract another star to L.A. and the young players like Kuzma continue to develop, a trip to the NBA Finals won’t surprise anyone.