- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Video: Dwyane Wade Makes Bold Prediction Regarding LeBron’s Lakers
- Updated: December 11, 2018
Dwyane Wade knows exactly what LeBron James is capable of and he’s making a bold prediction regarding the Los Angeles Lakers. Wade believes that James will take his new team all the way to the NBA Finals.
In his postgame interview, Wade was asked what James needs to do to get his team where it needs to go. He took the opportunity to first mention James’ tremendous efforts off the court. But then he made his bold prediction regarding the Lakers’ playoff future:
“I have no doubt that this team will be in the Finals at some point. This guy could play for as long as he wants and I’ll be here to see it.”
Wade’s prediction may seem bold at first, but it’s not crazy to think James can carry the Lakers to the NBA Finals in the next few years. He’ll likely need some help, and the Lakers will have an opportunity to add another star during the offseason.
Furthermore, the rising stars on the Lakers are starting to come into their own. More specifically, Kyle Kuzma looks like a budding star. Against the Heat, Kuzma put up 33 points and snatched up seven rebounds. Kuzma is averaging 25 points over his last five games — four of which were Laker victories.
James is still the best player in the world when he is playing at a high level. That’s the biggest reason why the Lakers are set to be contenders for years to come.
If the Lakers can attract another star to L.A. and the young players like Kuzma continue to develop, a trip to the NBA Finals won’t surprise anyone.