- Miami Heat news: Bam Adebayo signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand
- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
Kendrick Nunn Says He’s ‘Definitely’ 2019-20 Rookie of the Year
- Updated: November 27, 2019
According to Nunn himself, however, his success in the NBA seemed to always be a matter of when, not if. The 24-year-old rookie is supremely confident in his abilities, and in a recent interview with Shams Charania of Stadium, he stated that he should already be considered the Rookie of the Year.
“I definitely feel like I’m the Rookie of the Year.” pic.twitter.com/neAQmJCbY8
— Stadium (@Stadium) November 27, 2019
Right now, Nunn is second among all rookies in points per game (16.9) behind only Ja Morant (19.0). He is also third in assists per game (3.2) behind R.J. Barrett (3.5) and Morant (6.2).
Considering these numbers, it looks like Morant is right now in the lead for the award. That being said, Morant’s Memphis Grizzlies have stumbled to a 5-11 record on the season while Nunn’s Heat are 12-4.
If team success will factor into the voters’ decision-making process by season’s end remains to be seen.
In the end, whether or not Nunn wins the award matters not. He has proven that he is a serious commodity in the NBA and will likely enjoy a long and successful career from here on out.
Here’s hoping the rest of it is spent right here in South Florida.