- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Take ‘Hard Look’ at Tre Jones on Draft Night
- Updated: March 24, 2020
Just like every NBA front office is likely doing at the moment, the Miami Heat are looking ahead towards the 2020 NBA Draft.
In fact, one recent report indicated that the Heat already have a player in mind if they end up keeping their upcoming first-round pick.
Heat will take hard look at Jones On draft night.
** if they keep the pick https://t.co/F6McGX07fU
— Greg Sylvander (@GregSylvander) March 21, 2020
Tre Jones is a highly talented point guard who helped lead Duke University to a 25-6 record last season.
He averaged 16.2 points, 6.4 assists and 4.2 rebounds per game in his sophomore campaign.
One interesting thing to note is that the Heat’s interest in Jones seems to indicate that they do not think Kendrick Nunn is the long-term answer when it comes to the starting point guard position.
While Nunn has been fantastic, he may lack the ability to be the kind of facilitator that Miami needs from its starting point guard.
Surely, if the Heat drafted Jones, they’d give him an opportunity to secure the starting job from the onset of his career.
As the 2019-20 NBA season continues to be put on hold, it is quite likely that more draft rumors will continue to bubble up.
Hopefully, that will give fans a much better idea of how the Heat plan on approaching this upcoming offseason.