- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Video: Jimmy Butler Plays F–k, Kill, Marry Using Erik Spoelstra, Tom Thibodeau and Brett Brown
- Updated: May 4, 2020
— Matt Ellentuck (@mellentuck) May 3, 2020
Bird asked Butler to choose between Erik Spoelstra, Tom Thibodeau, and Brett Brown in an age-old hypothetical.
Butler chose Spoelstra, his current coach, to be his life partner, saying “Spo’s the one!” The five-time All Star also claimed that he would “Netflix and chill with Thibs” and “ghost” Brown.
In Butler’s rookie year, Thibodeau led the Bulls to a 50-16 record in a lockout shortened season, which was good for first place in the Central Division. The team was unable to achieve a similar level of success in the subsequent five seasons that Butler was with the organization.
With the Heat, Butler has found a good organizational fit. Spoelstra has led Butler and the Heat to a 41-24 record this season.
If the NBA season is indeed finished, Butler and Spoelstra have combined to give the Heat the team’s highest single-season winning percentage since 2014, when Dwyane Wade and LeBron James were still leading the Heat.