- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Video: Jimmy Butler Plays F–k, Kill, Marry Using Erik Spoelstra, Tom Thibodeau and Brett Brown
- Updated: May 4, 2020
— Matt Ellentuck (@mellentuck) May 3, 2020
Bird asked Butler to choose between Erik Spoelstra, Tom Thibodeau, and Brett Brown in an age-old hypothetical.
Butler chose Spoelstra, his current coach, to be his life partner, saying “Spo’s the one!” The five-time All Star also claimed that he would “Netflix and chill with Thibs” and “ghost” Brown.
In Butler’s rookie year, Thibodeau led the Bulls to a 50-16 record in a lockout shortened season, which was good for first place in the Central Division. The team was unable to achieve a similar level of success in the subsequent five seasons that Butler was with the organization.
With the Heat, Butler has found a good organizational fit. Spoelstra has led Butler and the Heat to a 41-24 record this season.
If the NBA season is indeed finished, Butler and Spoelstra have combined to give the Heat the team’s highest single-season winning percentage since 2014, when Dwyane Wade and LeBron James were still leading the Heat.