- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
Sneak Peek of Dwyane Wade’s New Documentary Reveals He Nearly Missed Final Career Game
- Updated: July 10, 2019
Dwyane Wade’s “One Last Dance” season was one for the history books.
Throughout the entire 2018-19 season, the Miami Heat legend was able to bid farewell to fanbases across the NBA as he approached his retirement.
His final career game took place at Barclays Arena against the Brooklyn Nets, but according to a sneak peek from his upcoming documentary film, Wade was nearly forced to miss that game entirely due to injury.
I didn't think I was gonna make it out on the court that night… but I did it for the love of the game. For all of you. Stay tuned… documentary coming to @espn in 2020… Imagine Entertainment @MistaDubb #59thandPrairie pic.twitter.com/TxEQRVOy05
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) July 10, 2019
“This is like going to a concert and then the artist don’t show,” Wade joked at one point in the video.
Luckily, Wade proved up to the task of playing through injury for the storybook ending he and his fans deserved. In his final game in the NBA, the three-time champ recorded a triple-double with 25 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists.
Wade posted a sneak peek of the film as part of an announcement that ESPN had acquired the rights to the documentary.
If this quick preview is any indication, it will be something that every Heat fan will certainly want to tune in for.