- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Heat Update Injury Statuses of Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: November 5, 2018
The Miami Heat offered both good and bad news regarding the playing statuses of two key players for Monday night’s game in Detroit. Guard Goran Dragic is expected to play, while center Hassan Whiteside has officially been ruled out of the contest.
Hassan Whiteside (knee) has been ruled out of tonight’s game. He will be re-evaluated when the team returns to Miami.
Dragic sat out Saturday night’s road defeat in Atlanta due to continuing pain in his right foot. That decision came after an earlier cortisone shot failed to offer enough relief for the veteran. However, he appeared to show no issues with the foot during Monday’s shootaround. He’s averaged 17.7 points, 5.0 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game in his seven starts.
Whiteside landed awkwardly on his right knee during the loss to Atlanta and saw limited time during the second half. Last season, a bone bruise on his left knee limited him to playing just 54 regular-season games. In his eight games this season, he’s averaged 12.4 points, 14.6 rebounds and 2.8 blocks.
If Dragic is unable to play, Justise Winslow will likely start again in his place. The four-year veteran had his first start of the season on Saturday, after having previously dealt with his own injury issues. He finished with 15 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists
The Heat will be looking to put an end to their three-game losing streak, with the team returning home after the game to prepare for a Wednesday night clash against San Antonio.