- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Report: Bam Adebayo purposely walked by Lakers’ victory party on night Miami Heat lost NBA Finals
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Meyers Leonard’s NSFW response when asked how much he cares about stats
- Report: Miami Heat sign intriguing 6-foot-8 international prospect
- Goran Dragic offers major update on foot injury he sustained in 2020 NBA Finals
Miami Heat News: Heat Update Injury Statuses of Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: November 5, 2018
The Miami Heat offered both good and bad news regarding the playing statuses of two key players for Monday night’s game in Detroit. Guard Goran Dragic is expected to play, while center Hassan Whiteside has officially been ruled out of the contest.
Hassan Whiteside (knee) has been ruled out of tonight’s game. He will be re-evaluated when the team returns to Miami.
Dragic sat out Saturday night’s road defeat in Atlanta due to continuing pain in his right foot. That decision came after an earlier cortisone shot failed to offer enough relief for the veteran. However, he appeared to show no issues with the foot during Monday’s shootaround. He’s averaged 17.7 points, 5.0 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game in his seven starts.
Whiteside landed awkwardly on his right knee during the loss to Atlanta and saw limited time during the second half. Last season, a bone bruise on his left knee limited him to playing just 54 regular-season games. In his eight games this season, he’s averaged 12.4 points, 14.6 rebounds and 2.8 blocks.
If Dragic is unable to play, Justise Winslow will likely start again in his place. The four-year veteran had his first start of the season on Saturday, after having previously dealt with his own injury issues. He finished with 15 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists
The Heat will be looking to put an end to their three-game losing streak, with the team returning home after the game to prepare for a Wednesday night clash against San Antonio.