- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Report: Miami Heat Waive Yante Maten, Create Necessary Cap Space to Bring Back Udonis Haslem
- Updated: July 29, 2019
With just 10 players under fully guaranteed contracts for the 2019-20 season, the Heat have some decisions to make when it comes to filling out what will likely be a 13- or 14- player roster. One of those players may be franchise icon and longtime veteran Udonis Haslem.
Releasing Maten opened up the necessary cap space under the hard cap to sign Haslem should he choose to return for another season.
Most recently, Haslem spoke out about his pending decision on Instagram, reminding fans and haters alike to let him make his own decision on what his next career step is. Considering the associated image was of the veteran working out in the gym, it seems he is leaning towards a return to the NBA.
“Thursday also is the deadline for the Heat to guarantee the contract of forward Derrick Jones Jr. for the season and to increase the guarantee of guard Kendrick Nunn from $50,000 to $150,000,” he wrote.
“With only the announcement of the Maten move on Monday, it makes it likely that Jones and Nunn will receive their upcoming guarantees.”
For the moment, it seems the Heat know what they plan to do with their roster through the rest of the offseason. Though considering recent reports, it appears likely that they will continue to try to add additional stars, which could certainly shake things up quite a bit.