- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
Report: Jimmy Butler to Miss Miami Heat Season Opener Due to ‘Personal Reasons’
- Updated: October 23, 2019
According to Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, the four-time All-Star will not play in tonight’s game due to personal reasons.
This healthy scratch has seemingly to come out of nowhere and certainly could be a cause for concern for fans. Luckily, Spoelstra did ensure that everything was fine with the team’s newly acquired star.
Spo stresses “everything’s fine” with Jimmy Butler. “It’s all good,” Spo says.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 23, 2019
Spoelstra declines to say whether Butler will be back for Heat's next game.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) October 23, 2019
Despite the assurance, it is pretty bizarre news considering the anticipation for his first game as a member of the Heat.
As there is very little information regarding his reason for missing Wednesday night’s game, it is impossible to predict when he will be ready to take the court.
That being said, the next time he will be able to suit up for his Heat debut is this Saturday versus the Milwaukee Bucks.