- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Report: Jimmy Butler to Miss Miami Heat Season Opener Due to ‘Personal Reasons’
- Updated: October 23, 2019
According to Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, the four-time All-Star will not play in tonight’s game due to personal reasons.
This healthy scratch has seemingly to come out of nowhere and certainly could be a cause for concern for fans. Luckily, Spoelstra did ensure that everything was fine with the team’s newly acquired star.
Spo stresses “everything’s fine” with Jimmy Butler. “It’s all good,” Spo says.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 23, 2019
Spoelstra declines to say whether Butler will be back for Heat's next game.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) October 23, 2019
Despite the assurance, it is pretty bizarre news considering the anticipation for his first game as a member of the Heat.
As there is very little information regarding his reason for missing Wednesday night’s game, it is impossible to predict when he will be ready to take the court.
That being said, the next time he will be able to suit up for his Heat debut is this Saturday versus the Milwaukee Bucks.