- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Miami Heat Send Dion Waiters and James Johnson to Memphis Grizzlies
- Updated: February 6, 2020
The deal between the Miami Heat and Memphis Grizzlies keeps getting bigger.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 6, 2020
This multiplayer trade is turning out to be a master stroke by Heat team president Pat Riley.
For much of the 2019-20 season, experts were sure that Miami would be unable to trade Waiters due to his multiple off-court behavioral infractions.
Instead, the Heat ended up being able to turn Waiters into valuable veteran assets
So far this season, Waiters has averaged 9.3 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game.
However, he has played in just three games so far this year primarily due to the three suspensions that Miami handed down to him.
Hopefully, Waiters is able to stay out of trouble in his new home and contribute on the court in a big way.