- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15M-$20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Suspend Dion Waiters for 3rd Time This Season
- Updated: December 12, 2019
Dion Waiters has been suspended yet again by the Miami Heat. It's his third suspension of the season, this for "his failure to adhere to team policies, violation of team rules and continued insubordination."
This time: two weeks.
He has yet to play this season. pic.twitter.com/KfrPbFZJRP
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) December 13, 2019
Waiters has yet to play a minute of basketball in the 2019-20 regular season. Now, he’ll have to wait two more weeks to even get an opportunity to do so.
By the looks of it, Waiters’ time with the Heat is all but over.
Waiters’ first suspension this season came when he complained about a lack of playing time in the preseason. He missed the team’s opening game of the season as a result.
The second came when he suffered a seizure after consuming a THC-infused gummy on the team’s plane.
While no specific incident has yet been reported as a cause for this third suspension, that is sure to come to light in the coming days.
It’s unfortunate for Waiters, but clearly the Heat have no other choice when it comes to this sad situation.