- Trae Young Takes Direct Shot at Jimmy Butler After Dropping 50 on Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat’s 2021 Free-Agency Plans ‘Start With Giannis Antetokounmpo’
- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
Report: Miami Heat Suspend Dion Waiters for 3rd Time This Season
- Updated: December 12, 2019
Dion Waiters has been suspended yet again by the Miami Heat. It's his third suspension of the season, this for "his failure to adhere to team policies, violation of team rules and continued insubordination."
This time: two weeks.
He has yet to play this season. pic.twitter.com/KfrPbFZJRP
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) December 13, 2019
Waiters has yet to play a minute of basketball in the 2019-20 regular season. Now, he’ll have to wait two more weeks to even get an opportunity to do so.
By the looks of it, Waiters’ time with the Heat is all but over.
Waiters’ first suspension this season came when he complained about a lack of playing time in the preseason. He missed the team’s opening game of the season as a result.
The second came when he suffered a seizure after consuming a THC-infused gummy on the team’s plane.
While no specific incident has yet been reported as a cause for this third suspension, that is sure to come to light in the coming days.
It’s unfortunate for Waiters, but clearly the Heat have no other choice when it comes to this sad situation.