- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
- Tyler Herro has incredible message for Jimmy Butler as Miami Heat prepare to advance to NBA Finals
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade responds to possibility of taking over for Pat Riley
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 4 live stream: Watch NBA playoffs online and on TV
- Dwyane Wade explains why Miami Heat rookie Tyler Herro has that ‘it’ factor
- Udonis Haslem unveils fascinating story, credits Jae Crowder’s father for his NBA career
- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
Miami Heat News: Tyler Johnson Cleared to Resume Basketball Activities
- Updated: September 9, 2015
Tyler Johnson is officially back on the basketball court.
Two months after suffering a broken jaw during summer league play, the Miami Heat point guard is officially cleared to resume basketball activities, the team announced on Tuesday. The Heat posted a short video on Twitter of Johnson back on the court at American Airlines Arena.
Johnson’s health this upcoming season is pivotal as he’s expected to take on a bigger role in his second season with the organization. He is expected to compete for the backup point guard spot behind Goran Dragic.
During his first season in the NBA, the 23-year-old averaged 5.9 points, 1.3 assists and 2.5 rebounds in 18.8 minutes per game in 32 appearances and two starts. Johnson was called up to the main roster in January after playing in the team’s D-League affiliate for the first couple of months of the season.
With Mario Chalmers on the trade block, Johnson’s progression as a player this year will likely dictate how comfortable the organization feels in trading their veteran point guard.