- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Goran Dragic to 5-Year, $90 Million Deal
- Updated: July 1, 2015
Per multiple sources, including Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowksi and ESPN’s Marc Stein, the Heat have re-signed Dragic to a five-year, $90 million deal. The last year of the deal will include a player option. The contract is a lot less than the estimated max of $108 million, which gives the Heat flexibility in their attempt to re-sign free agent Dwyane Wade.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 1, 2015
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 1, 2015
— Joseph Goodman (@JoeGoodmanJr) July 1, 2015
The 29-year-old point guard was acquired in a midseason trade from the Phoenix Suns in February. He quickly made an impact for the Heat, boosting the team’s fastbreak offense while possessing the ability to penetrate the paint. He averaged 16.6 points and 5.3 assists per game in 26 starts with Miami last season.
The Dragic signing means the Heat will return four of their five projected starters for next season. Luol Deng accepted his player option for the 2015-16 season, while Hassan Whiteside and Chris Bosh are under contract for the 2015-16 season. The only missing piece at the moment is Wade.
Pat Riley’s vision of the team’s core returning healthy for the 2015-16 season is finally coming to fruition.