- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade’s Emotional Reaction After Miami Heat’s Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Updated: April 7, 2019
With Sunday’s loss to the Toronto Raptors, the Miami Heat’s hopes of advancing to the postseason may be all but over.
“It’s tough, it’s taking everything in me not to, it’s taking everything to talk this way and be calm because these hurt,” Wade admitted. “We’re fighting. We’re trying to get ourselves to the postseason and for various reasons that isn’t happening to this point. It’s definitely tough, but there’s nothing we can do now.”
With Miami’s 117-109 defeat at the hands of the Raptors, they now have to hope for either a Detroit Pistons loss versus the Charlotte Hornets or a Brooklyn Nets loss versus the Indiana Pacers this evening.
If both the Pistons and Nets win their respective matchups, the Heat will be mathematically eliminated from the postseason.
With Miami’s postseason hopes looking quite grim, Wade’s final home game versus the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday will surely be an emotional one for all players and fans involved.