- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside to Miss Saturday’s Game vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Updated: January 12, 2019
Hassan Whiteside out due to illness today vs. Grizzlies due to illness.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 12, 2019
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) January 12, 2019
Whiteside did play on Thursday when the Heat took on the Boston Celtics, so his illness had to have come on sometime after that. Whiteside is Miami’s most consistent rebounder, averaging 12.5 boards per game.
Furthermore, the big man is averaging 2.5 blocks per game. He’s an imposing force at the rim on both ends of the floor.
Luckily for Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, he has two capable centers to make up for Whiteside’s absence. Bam Adebayo will start in place of Whiteside. Adebayo is an up-and-coming big man with athleticism and a high ceiling.
Kelly Olynyk will anchor the second unit. The Gonzaga University product is a versatile big man who can knock down enough catch-and-shoot three-points shots to keep defenses honest.
It won’t be easy for Adebayo and Olynyk to make up for Whiteside’s production, but they can certainly hold their own. The two will face the tall task of corralling All-Star center Marc Gasol. Despite his age, Gasol is still one of the better centers in the league, so the Heat should have their hands full.