- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside to Miss Saturday’s Game vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Updated: January 12, 2019
Hassan Whiteside out due to illness today vs. Grizzlies due to illness.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 12, 2019
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) January 12, 2019
Whiteside did play on Thursday when the Heat took on the Boston Celtics, so his illness had to have come on sometime after that. Whiteside is Miami’s most consistent rebounder, averaging 12.5 boards per game.
Furthermore, the big man is averaging 2.5 blocks per game. He’s an imposing force at the rim on both ends of the floor.
Luckily for Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, he has two capable centers to make up for Whiteside’s absence. Bam Adebayo will start in place of Whiteside. Adebayo is an up-and-coming big man with athleticism and a high ceiling.
Kelly Olynyk will anchor the second unit. The Gonzaga University product is a versatile big man who can knock down enough catch-and-shoot three-points shots to keep defenses honest.
It won’t be easy for Adebayo and Olynyk to make up for Whiteside’s production, but they can certainly hold their own. The two will face the tall task of corralling All-Star center Marc Gasol. Despite his age, Gasol is still one of the better centers in the league, so the Heat should have their hands full.