- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Out, 2 Key Players to Return Tonight vs. Warriors
- Updated: February 27, 2019
Miami Heat big man Hassan Whiteside has had a fairly healthy year this season, but he will miss tonight’s game versus the Golden State Warriors with a hip injury, according to Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra.
There was little indication that Whiteside was injured in Monday’s loss to the Phoenix Suns as he had quite a dominant night, scoring 29 points and grabbing 11 boards.
Still, Whiteside has dealt with a plethora of injuries in the past. Last year, Whiteside played in just 54 games all season, just one more game than he’s already played in the 2018-19 campaign.
While the 7-foot center will not be available for the matchup versus the defending NBA champs, the Heat will be getting some players back.
It has been hard for the Heat to remain fully healthy this season, and it has been part of the reason why wins have been hard to come by. Currently, the Heat are on a three-game losing streak and have won just two of their last 11.
Hopefully the Heat can overcome Whiteside’s absence tonight and get a much-needed win over one of the best team’s in the NBA.