- Bam Adebayo Joins in on Fun, Clowns Hassan Whiteside After Scrimmage
- Tyler Herro Takes Blatant Shot at Hassan Whiteside via Social Media
- LeBron James Shouts Out Dwyane Wade for ‘Space Jam’ Alley-Oop
- Dwyane Wade’s Latest Social Media Activity Indicates That He’s Recruiting Anthony Davis to Miami Heat
- Report: Former Miami Heat Star Being Considered as Replacement for Team USA Squad
- 3 Landing Spots for Bradley Beal If Washington Wizards Decide to Trade Him
- Report: Wizards to Offer Bradley Beal Max Contract, Have No Plans to Engage in Trade Talks
- Report: Miami Heat Are Looking for Starting-Caliber Small Forward
- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Tyler Johnson to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: January 12, 2015
The Miami Heat have finally filled their final roster spot.
Shooting guard Tyler Johnson was called up from the Heat’s D-League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, on Monday to fill the vacant roster spot left over for when the team released Andre Dawkins last week. Johnson will likely sign a 10-day contract with the team before Tuesday’s game versus the Los Angeles Lakers at the Staples Center.
The undrafted rookie free agent received a training camp invite during the Heat’s preseason. Despite making just three appearances, the shooting guard impressed in a preseason victory over the San Antonio Spurs when he scored 17 points, including the go-ahead 3-pointer in overtime that sealed the game for Miami.
After being cut before the season started, the Heat signed Johnson to a D-League contract. He averaged 18.5 points in 13 appearances for Sioux Falls this season, ranking third on the squad in total points scored.
The move is with the intention that there will be more depth behind Dwyane Wade. Mario Chalmers has been starting for the past couple weeks at point guard, with James Ennis frequently logging minutes at the swingman position off the bench.
Johnson will rejoin former Sioux Falls teammates Shabazz Napier and Hassan Whiteside with the Heat. Miami is allowed to offer Johnson one more 10-day contract after the completion of his first 10-day agreement. Following the conclusion of Johnson’s second-day contract, the Heat will be forced to either sign Johnson for the rest of the season or release him.