- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic (Foot) Out Tonight vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: November 3, 2018
The injury has been lingering since the preseason and kept Dragic out of practice on Thursday. In addition, the point guard recently received a cortisone injection to reduce his ongoing discomfort.
“It’s going on like two weeks,” he said. “Get a lot of pain after practice and during the games. We just want to go and treat it first and see if it’s going to be any better. But you’re always pounding in this, so it’s always the same or worse. Then we just decided yesterday, I went and got a shot.
“The doc said usually when you get cortisone shots, it takes like 48 hours, and, after, it calms down. So it’s still early, but we’ll see.”
Dragic, 32, says that surgery is not an option, as he knows how much his presence means to a team looking to make a deep push into the playoffs this season.
The Heat will face off against the Hawks at 4:30 pm ET.