- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Updated: February 23, 2021
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 23, 2021
Leonard, 28, is out for the remainder of the 2020-21 season due to a shoulder injury.
The veteran’s time in Miami may be poised to end after this season. Leonard has $9.4 million in the form of a team option attached to his contract next season.
Leonard could prove to be a valuable trade chip this season, according to recent reports.
Leonard appears to have a strong desire to stay in Miami despite his uncertain future. As a matter of fact, he recently bought a beautiful mansion in South Florida.
The Heat hold a 14-17 record this season.