- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
- Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Watch Zaire Wade and LeBron James Jr. Make Sierra Canyon Debut
- NBA Rookies Declare Tyler Herro as Best Shooter in 2019 Draft Class
- Udonis Haslem Celebrates Rick Ross’ No. 1 Album, Honored by Shout-Out on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- John Cho Hilariously Responds to Dwyane Wade After Kissing His Wife
- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Wins NBA’s Magic Johnson Award
- Updated: June 10, 2019
On Monday, the Professional Basketball Writers Association named the Heat icon the winner of the annual award that “honors the player who best combines excellence on the basketball court with cooperation and dignity in dealing with the media and the public.”
Wade, 37, was one of the most respected players in the NBA. During his retirement tour, the three-time champion was showered with love from all over the country. In the process, the guard treated the media, fans and arena representatives with tremendous respect.
In fact, Wade would stay on the court after road games this past season to give autographs to hundreds of fans. In addition, the fantastic father made a sound impact on the South Florida community with meaningful visits to schools, charity events and more.
However, Wade’s greatest impact came with the Heat. The franchise’s all-time leading scorer helped the team capture three titles, five Finals trips and a wide level of attention across the NBA. There’s no doubt Wade changed basketball for Miami like no player before.
Wade finished his career with averages of 22.0 points, 5.4 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game.