- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Wins NBA’s Magic Johnson Award
- Updated: June 10, 2019
On Monday, the Professional Basketball Writers Association named the Heat icon the winner of the annual award that “honors the player who best combines excellence on the basketball court with cooperation and dignity in dealing with the media and the public.”
Wade, 37, was one of the most respected players in the NBA. During his retirement tour, the three-time champion was showered with love from all over the country. In the process, the guard treated the media, fans and arena representatives with tremendous respect.
In fact, Wade would stay on the court after road games this past season to give autographs to hundreds of fans. In addition, the fantastic father made a sound impact on the South Florida community with meaningful visits to schools, charity events and more.
However, Wade’s greatest impact came with the Heat. The franchise’s all-time leading scorer helped the team capture three titles, five Finals trips and a wide level of attention across the NBA. There’s no doubt Wade changed basketball for Miami like no player before.
Wade finished his career with averages of 22.0 points, 5.4 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game.