- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters ‘Active’ for Sunday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Updated: December 30, 2018
The Heat guard last played on Dec. 22, 2017 against the Dallas Mavericks. He underwent surgery on his left ankle on Jan. 22, 2018 and has been rehabbing ever since.
I’m hearing Dion Waiters is going to be active for the Heat tomorrow vs. Minnesota. Waiters hasn’t played since Dec. 22, 2017. He underwent ankle surgery in January of this year.
— Rohan Nadkarni (@RohanNadkarni) December 30, 2018
After spending two days practicing with the Heat’s G League affiliate in Sioux Falls, Waiters will return to Miami as the team looks for its seventh win in its last eight games.
There’s no word on how much Waiters will play, but Miami may need him to contribute right away. Currently, four players – James Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Derrick Jones Jr., and Udonis Haslem – are dealing with illnesses that could sideline them and leave the team shorthanded.
Miami tips off against Minnesota at 6 pm EST on Sunday.