- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters ‘Active’ for Sunday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Updated: December 30, 2018
The Heat guard last played on Dec. 22, 2017 against the Dallas Mavericks. He underwent surgery on his left ankle on Jan. 22, 2018 and has been rehabbing ever since.
I’m hearing Dion Waiters is going to be active for the Heat tomorrow vs. Minnesota. Waiters hasn’t played since Dec. 22, 2017. He underwent ankle surgery in January of this year.
— Rohan Nadkarni (@RohanNadkarni) December 30, 2018
After spending two days practicing with the Heat’s G League affiliate in Sioux Falls, Waiters will return to Miami as the team looks for its seventh win in its last eight games.
There’s no word on how much Waiters will play, but Miami may need him to contribute right away. Currently, four players – James Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Derrick Jones Jr., and Udonis Haslem – are dealing with illnesses that could sideline them and leave the team shorthanded.
Miami tips off against Minnesota at 6 pm EST on Sunday.