- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters ‘Active’ for Sunday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Updated: December 30, 2018
The Heat guard last played on Dec. 22, 2017 against the Dallas Mavericks. He underwent surgery on his left ankle on Jan. 22, 2018 and has been rehabbing ever since.
I’m hearing Dion Waiters is going to be active for the Heat tomorrow vs. Minnesota. Waiters hasn’t played since Dec. 22, 2017. He underwent ankle surgery in January of this year.
— Rohan Nadkarni (@RohanNadkarni) December 30, 2018
After spending two days practicing with the Heat’s G League affiliate in Sioux Falls, Waiters will return to Miami as the team looks for its seventh win in its last eight games.
There’s no word on how much Waiters will play, but Miami may need him to contribute right away. Currently, four players – James Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Derrick Jones Jr., and Udonis Haslem – are dealing with illnesses that could sideline them and leave the team shorthanded.
Miami tips off against Minnesota at 6 pm EST on Sunday.