- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters ‘Active’ for Sunday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Updated: December 30, 2018
The Heat guard last played on Dec. 22, 2017 against the Dallas Mavericks. He underwent surgery on his left ankle on Jan. 22, 2018 and has been rehabbing ever since.
I’m hearing Dion Waiters is going to be active for the Heat tomorrow vs. Minnesota. Waiters hasn’t played since Dec. 22, 2017. He underwent ankle surgery in January of this year.
— Rohan Nadkarni (@RohanNadkarni) December 30, 2018
After spending two days practicing with the Heat’s G League affiliate in Sioux Falls, Waiters will return to Miami as the team looks for its seventh win in its last eight games.
There’s no word on how much Waiters will play, but Miami may need him to contribute right away. Currently, four players – James Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Derrick Jones Jr., and Udonis Haslem – are dealing with illnesses that could sideline them and leave the team shorthanded.
Miami tips off against Minnesota at 6 pm EST on Sunday.