- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Hassan Whiteside Receives Votes as NBA’s Most Overrated Player
- Updated: April 8, 2019
The Athletic’s Sam Amick recently polled NBA players on a number of topics, including the most overrated player in the league.
Whiteside received 2.1 percent of the 47 votes.
In recent years, Whiteside’s impact has diminished slightly. His minutes have decreased as head coach Erik Spoelstra has gone away from the center in fourth quarters over the last two seasons.
It’s not entirely surprising to see Whiteside on this list given the massive contract he signed for four years and just under $100 million in 2016. For this reason, there are sure to be some players who hold a grudge against Whiteside.
That being said, the 7-footer has averaged a double-double for five straight seasons in Miami and he continues to serve as an intimidating rim protector. Someone out there feels like Whiteside is overrated, but it’s hard to overlook his career numbers with the Heat.