- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
Hassan Whiteside Receives Votes as NBA’s Most Overrated Player
- Updated: April 8, 2019
The Athletic’s Sam Amick recently polled NBA players on a number of topics, including the most overrated player in the league.
Whiteside received 2.1 percent of the 47 votes.
In recent years, Whiteside’s impact has diminished slightly. His minutes have decreased as head coach Erik Spoelstra has gone away from the center in fourth quarters over the last two seasons.
It’s not entirely surprising to see Whiteside on this list given the massive contract he signed for four years and just under $100 million in 2016. For this reason, there are sure to be some players who hold a grudge against Whiteside.
That being said, the 7-footer has averaged a double-double for five straight seasons in Miami and he continues to serve as an intimidating rim protector. Someone out there feels like Whiteside is overrated, but it’s hard to overlook his career numbers with the Heat.