- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
- Miami Heat’s Kendrick Nunn shows off budding new romance while on vacation
Hassan Whiteside Receives Votes as NBA’s Most Overrated Player
- Updated: April 8, 2019
The Athletic’s Sam Amick recently polled NBA players on a number of topics, including the most overrated player in the league.
Whiteside received 2.1 percent of the 47 votes.
In recent years, Whiteside’s impact has diminished slightly. His minutes have decreased as head coach Erik Spoelstra has gone away from the center in fourth quarters over the last two seasons.
It’s not entirely surprising to see Whiteside on this list given the massive contract he signed for four years and just under $100 million in 2016. For this reason, there are sure to be some players who hold a grudge against Whiteside.
That being said, the 7-footer has averaged a double-double for five straight seasons in Miami and he continues to serve as an intimidating rim protector. Someone out there feels like Whiteside is overrated, but it’s hard to overlook his career numbers with the Heat.