- T.J. Warren Speaks Out on Facing Jimmy Butler and Miami Heat on Monday
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to NBA Snubbing of Devonte’ Graham for Most Improved Player Award
- Mario Chalmers Once Got Into Heated Confrontation With LeBron James After Telling Him to ‘Stop Playing Like a B—h’
- Miami Heat Rumors: Jimmy Butler on Track to Return Monday Against T.J. Warren and Indiana Pacers
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro Gives Thoughts on Playing Point Guard After Incredible Performance vs. Phoenix Suns
- Video: Devin Booker and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It During Miami Heat-Phoenix Suns Matchup
- Miami Heat’s Jae Crowder Continues to Beg for Justice for Breonna Taylor After 148 Days Pass Since Her Murder
- Dwyane Wade’s Hyped Reaction After Seeing Rodney McGruder Hit Game-Winning 3 Against Trail Blazers
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Named Finalist for NBA’s Most Improved Player Award
- 5 Reasons the Miami Heat Are Primed to Represent the Eastern Conference in This Season’s NBA Finals
Hassan Whiteside Receives Votes as NBA’s Most Overrated Player
- Updated: April 8, 2019
The Athletic’s Sam Amick recently polled NBA players on a number of topics, including the most overrated player in the league.
Whiteside received 2.1 percent of the 47 votes.
In recent years, Whiteside’s impact has diminished slightly. His minutes have decreased as head coach Erik Spoelstra has gone away from the center in fourth quarters over the last two seasons.
It’s not entirely surprising to see Whiteside on this list given the massive contract he signed for four years and just under $100 million in 2016. For this reason, there are sure to be some players who hold a grudge against Whiteside.
That being said, the 7-footer has averaged a double-double for five straight seasons in Miami and he continues to serve as an intimidating rim protector. Someone out there feels like Whiteside is overrated, but it’s hard to overlook his career numbers with the Heat.