- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Report: Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks Swap Picks Before 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: June 19, 2019
In the buildup to Thursday night’s NBA draft, the Miami Heat have acquired a second-round pick from the Atlanta Hawks, the 44th overall selection. The draft choice had originally been the property of the Charlotte Hornets until they sent that pick as part of a 2018 draft night deal.
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have acquired a second-round pick (#44 overall) in the 2019 #NBADraft from Atlanta in exchange for a future conditional second-round pick and cash considerations. The pick originally belonged to Charlotte and was acquired by Atlanta in a previous trade.
Prior to that acquisition, the Heat’s only draft pick was their own first-round pick in the 13th overall spot. They traded their own second-rounder, one spot earlier than this draft pick, back on draft night 2014 as part of a deal in which the Heat acquired guard Shabazz Napier.
That pick was ironically sent to the Hornets, who subsequently sent it to the Minnesota Timberwolves the following year.