- Report: There Have Been ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters That Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
Report: Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks Swap Picks Before 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: June 19, 2019
In the buildup to Thursday night’s NBA draft, the Miami Heat have acquired a second-round pick from the Atlanta Hawks, the 44th overall selection. The draft choice had originally been the property of the Charlotte Hornets until they sent that pick as part of a 2018 draft night deal.
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have acquired a second-round pick (#44 overall) in the 2019 #NBADraft from Atlanta in exchange for a future conditional second-round pick and cash considerations. The pick originally belonged to Charlotte and was acquired by Atlanta in a previous trade.
Prior to that acquisition, the Heat’s only draft pick was their own first-round pick in the 13th overall spot. They traded their own second-rounder, one spot earlier than this draft pick, back on draft night 2014 as part of a deal in which the Heat acquired guard Shabazz Napier.
That pick was ironically sent to the Hornets, who subsequently sent it to the Minnesota Timberwolves the following year.