- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Report: Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks Swap Picks Before 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: June 19, 2019
In the buildup to Thursday night’s NBA draft, the Miami Heat have acquired a second-round pick from the Atlanta Hawks, the 44th overall selection. The draft choice had originally been the property of the Charlotte Hornets until they sent that pick as part of a 2018 draft night deal.
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have acquired a second-round pick (#44 overall) in the 2019 #NBADraft from Atlanta in exchange for a future conditional second-round pick and cash considerations. The pick originally belonged to Charlotte and was acquired by Atlanta in a previous trade.
Prior to that acquisition, the Heat’s only draft pick was their own first-round pick in the 13th overall spot. They traded their own second-rounder, one spot earlier than this draft pick, back on draft night 2014 as part of a deal in which the Heat acquired guard Shabazz Napier.
That pick was ironically sent to the Hornets, who subsequently sent it to the Minnesota Timberwolves the following year.