- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Jimmy Butler Says He Will ‘Most Definitely’ Consider Participating in 2020 Olympics
- Updated: September 27, 2019
The disappointing finish by Team USA at the 2019 FIBA World Cup earlier this month has inspired a number of players to strongly consider participating in the 2020 Olympics.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) September 27, 2019
The United States men’s national team that competed in the recent international basketball tournament could have benefited from having players like Butler on the roster.
Team USA wrapped up the recent World Cup tournament with a seventh-place finish, it’s lowest standing ever in a major international tournament. Fortunately, it still qualified for the 2020 Olympics.
If given the chance to play for the Olympic team, Butler will provide outstanding play from both ends of the floor as one of the best two-way players in the game. He was a member of four All-Defensive teams and two All-NBA teams in his eight years in the league.
Other stars such as Stephen Curry, Kawhi Leonard and LeBron James will likely get invitations to try out for next year’s Olympic team roster. USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo is already hearing several stars indicating their willingness to be part of the team.