- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Philadelphia 76ers Want Josh Richardson to Be Included in Trade for Jimmy Butler
- Updated: June 30, 2019
But all fluid.
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) June 29, 2019
Richardson, 25, is coming off a breakout year with the Heat. The shooting guard put up a career-high 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game last season. Although the Heat failed to make the 2019 playoffs, Richardson led the team in scoring, minutes and games played during the regular season.
Now, with the chance to obtain a player of Butler’s caliber, the Heat could jump straight into playoff contention.
After getting traded to the Sixers early last season, Butler immediately made his presence known in Philadelphia. The 6-foot-8 star averaged 18.7 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists last season.
Furthermore, the veteran helped lead the 76ers in the playoffs with 19.4 points, 6.0 rebounds and 5.2 assists in 12 showings.
The Heat and Butler are reportedly going to meet on Sunday when NBA free agency officially kicks off.