- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Goran Dragic explains what Miami Heat backcourt must do now with Victor Oladipo out for season
- Miami Heat news: Victor Oladipo to have season-ending surgery
- Duncan Robinson celebrates Tyler Herro’s triumphant return to being ‘killer’ for Miami Heat
Report: Miami Showing Strong Interest in Center Brook Lopez
- Updated: January 14, 2015
It looks like Pat Riley may be pulling something out of his bag of tricks after it was reported late Wednesday afternoon by Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY that the Miami Heat have shown a strong interest in Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez.
Hearing Nets continue to talk to teams about Brook Lopez. Sources say Miami has shown a strong interest.
— Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) January 14, 2015
With almost everybody on the Nets roster up for trade, it seems like the 7’0″ Lopez is fair game as well.
Although Lopez does have a history of being injury prone, he would be an immediate boost to the Heat’s frontcourt offense. Lopez boasts career averages of 19.6 points, 8.0 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks while shooting 51.0% from the field and 79.1% from the line.
The Heat have seemed to have found an temporary answer at center position with the emergence of Hassan Whiteside, but even still, having a both offensively and defensively talented Lopez in the frontcourt would do wonders for the Heat.