- Extremely ‘Proud’ Dwyane Wade Shows Off Way of Wade 8 ‘Pride’ Sneakers With Daughter Zaya
- Dwyane Wade Attempts to Clarify What He Meant by Showing Support for Nick Cannon
- Twitter Explodes After Dwyane Wade Shows Support for Nick Cannon After His Anti-Semitic Comments
- Erik Spoelstra Blown Away by Jimmy Butler After NBA Bubble Hotline Complaint
- Spencer Dinwiddie Boastfully Declares He’d Be an ‘Easy Start’ Over Goran Dragic
- Report: Jimmy Butler Had Security Sent to His Room Because He Was Doing Hardcore Workout While Quarantined
- Derrick Jones Jr. on Miami Heat: ‘I Never Want to Be on Another Team, I Love It Here’
- Jimmy Butler Makes Sly Remark About Facing ‘Trash’ T.J. Warren Twice in Orlando
- Jimmy Butler Gives Incredible Reason Why He Wants Back of His Jersey to Be Blank for Rest of Season
- How Kelly Olynyk Could Massively Impact Meyers Leonard’s Future With Miami Heat
Report: Miami Showing Strong Interest in Center Brook Lopez
- Updated: January 14, 2015
It looks like Pat Riley may be pulling something out of his bag of tricks after it was reported late Wednesday afternoon by Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY that the Miami Heat have shown a strong interest in Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez.
Hearing Nets continue to talk to teams about Brook Lopez. Sources say Miami has shown a strong interest.
— Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) January 14, 2015
With almost everybody on the Nets roster up for trade, it seems like the 7’0″ Lopez is fair game as well.
Although Lopez does have a history of being injury prone, he would be an immediate boost to the Heat’s frontcourt offense. Lopez boasts career averages of 19.6 points, 8.0 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks while shooting 51.0% from the field and 79.1% from the line.
The Heat have seemed to have found an temporary answer at center position with the emergence of Hassan Whiteside, but even still, having a both offensively and defensively talented Lopez in the frontcourt would do wonders for the Heat.