- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Report: Miami Showing Strong Interest in Center Brook Lopez
- Updated: January 14, 2015
It looks like Pat Riley may be pulling something out of his bag of tricks after it was reported late Wednesday afternoon by Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN NY that the Miami Heat have shown a strong interest in Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez.
Hearing Nets continue to talk to teams about Brook Lopez. Sources say Miami has shown a strong interest.
— Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) January 14, 2015
With almost everybody on the Nets roster up for trade, it seems like the 7’0″ Lopez is fair game as well.
Although Lopez does have a history of being injury prone, he would be an immediate boost to the Heat’s frontcourt offense. Lopez boasts career averages of 19.6 points, 8.0 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks while shooting 51.0% from the field and 79.1% from the line.
The Heat have seemed to have found an temporary answer at center position with the emergence of Hassan Whiteside, but even still, having a both offensively and defensively talented Lopez in the frontcourt would do wonders for the Heat.